Friday, July 4, 2008

United States of AMERICA---land that I LOVE!!!

THIS is one of my favorite holidays today! I LOVE the 4th of July; NOT for the picnics, NOT for the summertime activities available, not even totally for the fireworks! NO, I LOVE the 4th of July because it is a day of reverent celebration for me, personally! I have cringed with complete disdain as I have witnessed HISTORY REVISIONISM try to tear apart and destroy the great Founding Father's reputations. I have been near tears as I have heard from youth, their lack of respect or reverence for those great men and women of yester-years, and for the lack of respect and reverence for those who bravely and courageously choose to fight to keep this great land free today!

I do not know exactly how I became such a devoted patriot. My father served our country, yet he did not speak much of that service. But, as a young girl, I devoured biographies! I loved to read about real people and their lives. I know I read biographies of many of the great men and women that provided us with our freedoms today. I was deeply moved at their willingness to trade their tomorrows so that I could have my today! I guess I have felt that there really is no way to properly or adequately show my deep sense of gratitude for their ultimate sacrifices and honorable service! Yet, if I always retain in my memory and I share my awe and gratitude with my children and my grandchildren, perhaps I can be a part of a legacy of love and appreciation for this land, our freedom and my immense love and appreciation for those that have, from it's inception, made our freedom a reality!

I hope and pray that my family will NEVER forget nor take for granted the truth that our freedom has never come free! That a great deal of precious blood was spilt in order for us to have all the rights and privileges that we enjoy. And, that each individual that has sacrificed their all for others; for us, is in fact, a type of Savior! How grateful I am for our divine Redeemer, OUR SAVIOR who not only gave HIS life for us, but HE LIVED A PERFECT LIFE for us. His life was the perfect example of how we can find true liberty---freedom from sin, guilt, hate, destructive habits and behaviors. HE led the way and gave to us the LIGHT by which we can navigate through the dark days that often plague us as we journey on this earth.

No comments: